Thursday, November 6, 2008


I had written a long entry the other day but it never posted on the website. So I will try to rewrite it as best as I can.

I went back to work last week. Last week and this week I am doing day shift, and then starting next week I am working night shift. Brad and I are so blessed that we have family that lives right down the road to help us with taking care of Peyton. Right now, I drop Peyton off at my parents' house before I go to work and Brad picks her up on his way home from work. When I go to nights, things will get tricky but it actually should work out very nicely. Brad will take care of her while I am at work and I will take care of her while he is at work. Thankfully I only work three days a week, that definitely helps so much. Work is going well. It was quite a shock the first day. Since I work in an intensive care unit, alarms are always going off, nurses and doctors are always running around, and something always needs to be done. I work in the neonatal ICU and the majority of the babies are premature and tiny. It was such a switch coming home to Peyton, who now weighs a very healthy 12 pounds, after work where I am taking care of babies who weigh 2 to 3 pounds. It also makes me very appreciative that Brad and I have such a healthy little girl.

Peyton is doing great. She is 10 weeks old, or two and half months. I can't believe how fast time has passed. As I mentioned before, she weighs 12 pounds now and is 23 inches long (both in 75th percentile). She went in for her two month check-up on Tuesday and the pediatrician says she looks great. Peyton also got four shots, two in each leg! The nurse that gave her the shots was so quick and gentle. Peyton only cried once and the nurse said that that was probably the least she has seen a baby cry after so many shots. Peyton is a tough girl! She is cooing and 'talking' so much nowadays. She loves playing with her daddy. Brad has made it where Peyton doesn't even cry during diaper changes; she is too busy playing to complain about having her diaper changed. Definitely makes diaper changes much more pleasant, except for the big poopy ones!

Ranger and Jackson are still doing great with Peyton. Ranger desperately wants to play with her but understands that she is still too young. When she starts crawling, he is going to have so much fun with her! Jackson pretty much hangs back most of the time. He comes over to sniff her from time to time. Other than that, he waits patiently (sometimes not so patiently) for playtime with Brad. The dogs definitely don't get as much attention as they are used to, but they are handling it well.

Ok, she is crying. It's time to eat. I will post more later!

No comments: