Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Visit with Mama C and Gran Jack

Brad's parents, Jack and Carolyn, came up to visit this past weekend. This was the first time they have seen Peyton since she was born, and they were amazed at how big she has gotten! As soon as they walked in the front door, they immediately dropped everything and picked Peyton up to play. Peyton was an angel and practiced her smiling all weekend; she smiled whenever Mama C spoke to her and when Gran Jack made his funny noises. Jack and Carolyn gave Brad and me a much needed break, and we were able to get out of the house and run some errands. It truly is amazing how hard it is to get ready with a newborn. It takes me at least two hours to get her and myself ready and out of the house to run errands. I have to make sure she is fed, has a clean diaper, has a clean outfit on, and make sure the diaper bag is filled with emergency items - extra bottles, diapers, wipes, outfits, burp clothes, pacifiers, and so on. Peyton seems to know when I am about to take a shower. She picks that exact moment as I am about to step into the shower to start screaming and crying, wanting to be held. You never realize or appreciate the luxury of having time to take a shower before kids. I definitely learned the hard way. Anyways, it was great to see Jack and Carolyn and I think they had a blast visiting with their granddaughter.





Peyton is still growing. I think babies have growth spurts at 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months, and 6 months. Well, it seems as if Peyton has had a growth spurt since she left the hospital. I can almost promise you she now weighs 11 pounds, most likely close to 12 pounds. She definitely is a porker!!! Brad and I are hoping she will grow up to be a soccer player like us, but we may have to settle for the first female linebacker ever (Roll Tide!) (apologies to Brad's family). A good friend of mine, also a fellow moma, has reassured me that Peyton will slim down once she is mobile, which I have a feeling won't be too long from now. She can hold her head up on her own for long periods of time and has been able to do so for several weeks now. She is incredibly strong and incredibly feisty/wiggly. She goes back to the doctors on November 4th for her two month visit and to get more vaccinations. She is getting a total of four shots!!! Definitely will be giving her Tylenol beforehand, poor thing.





I have attached more recent pictures of Peyton. I still haven't downloaded the ones from this past weekend but I will do that soon. Hope you enjoy them!




Holding the bottle all by herself!


Sweet as an angel when sleeping...





No comments: